How To Treat Cholesterol, Diabetes And Kidney Disease With Okra Water
Okra water, which is also familiar as the lady’s finger, is a well known plant that has got a lot of beneficial effects and health abilities.
Namely, what is most interesting is the fact that the pronunciation of the word Okra is different in a lot of parts all over the world, so it is known as – Okra in the UK, the USA as well as the Philippines; it is also known as – Okro in both Nigeria and the Caribbean.
Okra water is especially rich in nutrients. Namely, one glass of fresh okra water contains 2 g of proteins, 21 mg of Vitamin C, 80 mg of folate, 30 calories, 60 mg of magnesium, 3 g of fiber, 0.1 g of fats and 7.6 g of carbohydrates.
Okra water is highly recommended to be used through the whole year, in a lot of manners. It can be used stewed, fried, boiled or pickled. To add, consuming okra water provides a lot of beneficial effects, such as the following:
• Lowers the levels of cholesterol
• Treats diabetes
• Lowers the levels of glucose that is consumed by food by the gastrointestinal tract
• Sooths the symptoms of asthma
• Treats diseases of kidney
Now we are going to show you in which way to prepare okra water, which will immediately help you to regulate the levels of blood sugar.
In order to prepare it, you will need these ingredients:
• A cup of water and
• 4 okras (raw)
This is how you should prepare it:
• First, cut both the tails and the heads of the okras and then put them into the water. Then, leave them to stay in the water during the whole night. In the morning, you can take 2 to 3 cuts of tails and heads and then put them in a cup of water.
• This drink is best to be consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, mainly up to 30 minutes before breakfast time. The immediate beneficial effects of the okra water will amaze you.