Watch What Happens To Your Clothes When You Put Essential Lavender Oil In Your Washing Machine (Instead Of Softener)
Mix 12 – 15 drops of lavender oil with liquid detergent and put the mixture in the washing machine. Instead of lavender oil you can use any essential oil.
The essential oils are not good only for their aroma, but also for their cleaning effects. In the dryer, you can use essential oil for a washcloth or wool drier balls to add scent to your clothes. For better results, add drops of essential oil at the end of the washing cycle (do not apply oil directly on the clothes, because it can damage them).
Tips for using essential oils:
• Citrus or lavender oils are commonly used in the laundry, because they are very effective in getting rid of grease, odor or other strains. Only mix 12 – 15 drops of essential oil with liquid detergent and add the mixture in the washing machine. You can also add 6 drops of oil to 1 cup of white vinegar to soften your clothes.
Natural washing detergent:
– 2 tablespoons of lavender oil
– 1 tablespoon of lemon oil
– 1 tablespoon of grapefruit oil
– 8 cups of baking soda
– 4 cups of Castile soap (or 3 – 4 bras)
– 6 cups of washing soda or sodium carbonate
Mix the essential oils with the baking soda and then add the other ingredients. Use 1/8 cups for a laundry.